When you move to Florida, should you redo your will?


When you move to another state, you should have an attorney review your will, living will and powers of attorney.


Charlie: Hi, my name is Charlie like you said and I've got a question about wills mother legal documents. We just moved here six months ago from Indiana.

Attorney Tom Olsen: All right.

Charlie: So I need to get all the new documents for wills and the end of the lights thing and power of attorneys.

Attorney Tom Olsen: Charlie at a minimum you need to have a Florida attorney review those documents for you and Charlie, we'd be happy to do that for you no charge. Now, Charlie the flaw says that if your will was valid when you did it in the other state, it's going to be valid here in the state of Florida even if it does not meet our requirements.

Otherwise Charlie, a couple of those documents like the Durable Power Transfer Financial Fairs and the Living will, they are specific to Florida law. They are Florida laws that covers what must be in those documents and how they are written and those might very well have to be done.

We need to take it to the next level and that is talking to you about how to avoid probate. So Charlie, I'd recommend that you make an appointment to come and see us and we'd be happy to assist you.